11 Nov 2011

FIREWORKS MARK NOTHING WORSE THAN THIS: Johnny Foreigner





Ever since Arcs Across the City, their debut EP, I've loved everything Johnny Foreigner have put out, and this week they released their third album, Johnny Foreigner vs. Everything. Few UK bands seem to have the passion these days that Johnny Foreigner put out on each recordings and this goes a long way for them. 


Although I've only seen them live once, that was enough for me to know that they were one to look out for. This particular song is the opening track off an EP with a name too long to remember, and shows how they seemlessly mix melody with noise, with distortion coming from all corners but still maintaining a pleasant beat and great lyrics.


Although the former video shows a more lively side of JF, there's two sides to every coin. The new album has some prime examples of the mellower side to their sound. It's also accompanied by a lovely little video made by Jacob Tomlinson. "I'm not done with this / I'm not giving in / I'm not giving up on you" sings frontman Alexei Berrow on a song which shows a newer, more matured side to the band. 




Their new album is out now via Alcopop! records, expect a review very soon. You can catch them in the UK this weekend in London and Birmingham. I recommend you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment